You can use either a flan tin with removable base or a round spring form cake tin, whichever you have.
1 x 200g pct Chocolate Ripple biscuits
90g butter (melted)
118g Peppermint Aero Chocolate (could use other mint flavored chocolate block)
250g cream cheese (can use light)
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp gelatine
1 cup cream (must be cream that can be whipped so generally light does not whip so well)
- Crush biscuits (either with fancy food processor or the old fashioned way of a plastic bag and rolling pin), melt butter and mix together. *when you squeeze a small amount of mixture together it should hold a shape, if its still too crumbly add a tad more melted butter.
- Press mixture into your greased tin (I use a flat based glass to compact)
- Place into fridge whilst you make your filling
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until smooth
- Place hot water from kettle into a pyrex (or heat resistant) jug and add gelatine, stir until dissolved, then cool.
- Whip your cream
- Add cooled gelatine to cream cheese mixture and mix through well
- Add whipped cream to mixture and fold through
- Melt (carefully) your chocolate until runny (but not too hot) and fold through also
- Pour mixture on top of your base and smooth out top.
- Refrigerate for 4hours or until set
This is lovely served with Ice Cream and a drizzle of choc mint Ice Magic makes it even more special.
Happy baking :)